Located approximately 10km east of Airlie Beach on the Whitsunday Coast of Queensland, Shute Harbour is a sheltered port home to numerous charter boat operations and private vessels.
Shute Harbour is the closest point for vessels travelling between the Whitsunday Islands and the mainland.
The Shute Harbour Marina development has been planned to revitalise the precinct and cater for demand from boat owners while reinvigorating local, interstate and international tourism which helps underpin the prosperity of the region.
The proposed development will include:
- 395 marina berths and associated marina facilities
- Resort hotel comprising 109 suites
- Retirement resort comprising 70 plus apartments
- Managed resort comprising 52 lots of varying dwelling types
- Cafe and restaurant
- Retail outlets for visitors, including a supermarket and specialty shops
- Sailing club
- Charter boat base
- Emergency services and sea rescue centre
- Marine education and interpretive centre
- Community cyclone shelter
Significantly, Shute Harbour Marina will also include an Aboriginal cultural centre which looms as an iconic tourism facility in its own right to showcase the local Aboriginal culture of the Gia and Ngaro people.